Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 2-3 chicken breasts (about 12 oz of meat total, so 2 large or 3 small)
- 1 Box Stove Top Stuffing
- 8 oz. Ham
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbls Flour
- 1 Cup Non-Fat Milk
- 4 Slices light Swiss Cheese
- 3 Wedges Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese Spread
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1½ Cups Water
- Cut Chicken into small bite size pieces
- Saute chicken in Olive Oil in a saucepan.
- Once cooked, sprinkle in 2 Tbls Flour
- Stir and cook another minute to incorporate flour.
- Add milk, both cheeses and salt, pepper and garlic to saucepan.
- Let cook approx 5 minutes on medium, sauce should bubble a bit in order to thicken properly.
- Add Ham, combine thoroughly and turn off heat. Add mixture to a casserole dish.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave water and butter for 2-3 minutes. To melt butter and get water hot.
- Stir in stuffing mix thoroughly.
- Top the casserole dish filled with the Chicken/Cheese mixture with the stuffing mix.
- Bake at 375* for approx 20 minutes until stuffing gets crispy on top.
This casserole can EASILY be made ahead of time and just baked off in the oven to heat, for an even easier weeknight meal!
Recipe by Foodie's Diet Blog at http://foodiesdietblog.com/chicken-cordon-bleu-casserole/