I live in Southern California. And one thing us Southern Californian’s, know, love, can’t live without if good mexican food. I’m talking cheese, I’m talking chili’s and I’m talking topping it off with some sour cream! Did I mention Cheese?
I think I just drooled a little.
Why is Mexican food so good? It’s so warm and spicy and cheesy and comforty. Is comforty a word? This is California comfort food. I gotta admit, I never really got the fried chicken and mashed potatoes thing. That’s a lie, I love mashed potatoes. But my point is, I will take a big plate of steamy enchiladas any. day. of. the. week.
Luckily, I found these enchiladas. These are ooey and gooey and oh so delish! Oh and did I mention low in cals? Say what?!? Yup! Dig on in ladies because these cheesy delights are low cal and bikini season ready! Have I mentioned lately I’m ready for summer? That’s a different story!
Check back tomorrow for these…
Mango Margaritas!! Perfect Enchilada companion, or poolside treat!
Hello summer time!
- 2 Medium Corn Tortillas
- 2 Tbls. Light Cream Cheese, divided in two
- 1 slice light cheese (I like swiss), approx 50 cals for this recipe’s counts. Cut in half
- ¼ low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ Red Enchilada Sauce
- In the center of each tortilla spread 1 Tbls of cream cheese.
- Top with half a slice of swiss cheese
- Roll tortillas and place seam side down on small baking dish or ovenproof plate.
- Top both tortilla rolls with enchilada sauce
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top
- Bake at 375* for approx 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.